HONOLULU (KHON2) — Depending on when you purchase your flight to Hawaii and make it to the island, you could be met with crowded beaches and traffic or empty parks and little to no waiting for restaurants.
Hawaii has busy times and slow times and depending on when you travel to the islands you could hit both in one trip.
Most tourists book their Hawaii vacations during the summer. Kids are out of school and adults can take time off work. This could make beaches, parks and restaurants more crowded than normal.
Oahu, the busiest island of them all, welcomes millions and millions of people during the summer months.
According to their forecast, January, February, May, September and October are slower times to travel to Hawaii.
Their forecast shows the busiest months for the islands are in April, June, July, November and December.
Holidays were all high trafficked times to come to Hawaii, like visiting during Valentine’s Day, Fourth of July, Christmas and New Year.
Get more coronavirus news: COVID vaccines, boosters and Safe Travels information
- 8 Travel Tips For Surviving The Summer Of Airline Meltdowns Without Losing Your Luggage
- Shoot Better Summer Vacation Movies on Your Phone: CNET's Top Tips
- Michigan travel influencers share their budget tips to make trips inflation-proof
- 6 Tips To Enjoy Your Vacation And Avoid Unnecessary Spending
- Canadian influencer Natalie Rose shares helpful travel body image tips: 'Love this!'